Friday, January 16, 2009

My Favorite Things



Dear Friends,

I was delighted to be asked to create a piece for the House of Illustration, a picture book art museum being developed in London by Quentin Blake and other friends in the UK. For the project, entitled - What Are You Like? - I was asked to list eight of my favorite things and in this way create a kind of self-portrait. The piece has been printed as a limited edition signed giclee lithograph which can be purchased by visiting the House of Illustration web site shop at http://www.houseofillustration.org.uk/shop.php#prints.

While it hasn’t been my custom to plug books or products, I want to do my best to support this worthy cause. All proceeds from the sale of this print support the development of the House of Illustration.

Eric Carle

9 comments:

  1. Eric!

    I was blindly stumbling around Blogger and found your site. I love your books and grew up reading them!

    -WP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Carle, I am a huge fan and often used your illustrations to show my toddler son that it was ok to 'not draw in the lines' when coloring. I have been collecting Hungry Caterpillar in the various translations. It is my top souvenir shopping priority when travelling abroad! Do you have a list of the translations? I have spanish, italian, french, norwegian, german, dutch and japanese . . and just saw there is a braille edition available! Thank you for creating such beautiful stories and books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric,

    I am brazilian, and just got breathless when I discovered you work. I loved it! You're so midnful givin us some tips about new painting techniques in your website! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I adore your work. My children and I read many of your stories before bed. I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old and we appreciate all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mr. Carle,
    Beautiful work...and I share some of your favourites...I would too have loved to be a chaf, and love napping as well as the satisfaction of a fresh glass of orange juice...I think people love you so much because they can relate to you.
    So pleased you have this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found out about your blog at Ali's Blog: http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2009/03/i-love-this-eric-carle-on-the-very-hungry-caterpillar.html

    I am a big fan of your work. I am excited about reading your blog and look forward to more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beautiful stories have been our favorite things for many years! Thank you for the joy and inspiration that your wonderful stories and art provide!

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your books to my 4 month old baby boy at night before bedtime. He LOVES The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear... These are wonderful times with my son - so thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete