Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to The Carle


This week, The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art turns 8 years old. But the seed or idea for the museum was planted when Bobbie and I traveled to Japan many years ago. We were inspired by our visit to this beautiful country and in particular by the Chihiro Art Museum, where the work of children's book artist Iwasaki Chihiro resides.

Now, all these years later, we are amazed to be marking The Carle's 8th birthday. From a tiny seed, so much has grown. There are many people who have supported The Carle since its early days and people who make it all happen day in and day out, the museum's wonderful directors and staff. To all of you, we are very grateful and very proud.

8 comments:

  1. So glad your dreams came true! The museum is a treasure for everyone(-: LOVE IT.

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 8 wonderful years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 years - Congratulations!
    I've had the pleasure of visiting the museum on my last visit home to Massachusetts. Inspiring.
    My dream job would be to work in the craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 8th to the Carle! A wonderful, magical place. I must visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to The Carle-We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for creating your museum! We love it. Happy Birthday, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The museum is such a wonderful place. When I finally got to visit it, it was everything I'd hoped it would be. Thank you for the work you do, Mr. Carle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have very fond memories of visiting the museum with my son during a road trip . . . about seven years ago. Thank you so much, Eric Carle! Our copy of Caterpillar is well-loved and well-worn!

    ReplyDelete