Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer fruits

Soon it will be summer and it will be time for The Very Hungry Caterpillar Fruit Salad!

1 Apple
2 Pears
3 Plums
4 Strawberries
5 Oranges
bunch of mint leaves

Peel, pare, seed, hull and section each fruit.
Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Then put them all together in a big bowl and chill.
Garnish each serving with a sprig of mint.

Serve to a small group of friends, after reading a good book.
You'll enjoy every bit of it!


  1. Love it! Sounds delicious. I'll have to try it before I see you at the book signing on the 23rd.

  2. Sounds Wonderful.Yum. Thank you for your awesome talents you share with the world.

  3. Thanks! And bon appetit, caterpillar!!!

  4. I just posted my kindergarteners' Very Hungry Caterpillar fruit! I'll have to show this illustration the next time I teach the lesson. :)

  5. I simply love your colourful, expressive work! And since I love fruit & have some mint growing in the planter, I can't wait to try your Caterpillar Salad! Thanks so much.All the best to you.

  6. What a fun and wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing this and for a favorite book of mine!